In the weeks preceding Halloween I did spend an awful lot of time looking at ideas for cute Halloween decorations online though! In the end I was either too cheap or lazy to do most of them. Oh well. At least I have ideas and know where to look in the future when I feel more motivated. There was a super easy one I loved. So I did that. We bought a few baby pumpkins and painted them into little ghosts!
Me and the two little pumpkins I did.
That was our only other decoration inside.
We had a witch on outside of our front door.
Joshua painted one pumpkin too. We wanted to adopt lots of the little pumpkins at the store, but knew we wouldn't paint them all. We did end up buying two we didn't paint. They were just so cute. We had to have them.
Me with our pumpkin family.
Isn't it neat that we found one with the vine thingy on it still??
Isn't it neat that we found one with the vine thingy on it still??
Joshua and I on Halloween.
(I think he's looking longingly at the computer, but he's still cute.)
(I think he's looking longingly at the computer, but he's still cute.)
And we couldn't have Halloween without candy corn pumpkins!
One day I fell asleep protecting them.
One day I fell asleep protecting them.
We also got some pumpkins from our ward Halloween party. We'd forgotten about the ward party and gone to Idaho Falls to go shopping that night instead. After we got back and were bringing our groceries in, our neighbors were getting home from the party and said there were tons of donuts left and we should check it out. So we did. There were only about 8 people left when we showed up, but there were dozens of donuts still! We took a plateful. And a whole bunch of candy. Then we helped clean up so we didn't feel so bad about just showing up and taking a bunch of food. There were still tons of pumpkins too so we grabbed a couple on our way out. They sat on our porch for a long time. We never carved them. But having them made me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment